Subject: help with kda50/ra90? no docs..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/1996 21:19:31
Hi folks,
  Sorry this isn't really NetBSD-specific, but I'm sure someone here
will know...

  I just acquired a kda50 and a few ra90's for my MicroVAX-II.  I'd
like to put NetBSD on 'em but I'm having a little trouble getting the
thing running.  I have no experience with non-emulated ra90 drives,
and I have no docs, so I'm kinda lost.  The problem is simple...no
matter what I do, I can't get the system to acknowledge that the drive
is there.  I have an rqdx3/rd54 at address 760334 (as ra4 or dub0),
and the kda50 at 772150.  NetBSD sees the kda50 as uda0 just fine, but
doesn't find any units attached.

  I have the sdi port "a" cable connected to the "0" connector on the
kda50 distribution panel, but am unsure of how to set the unit number
on the drive.

  I would greatly appreciate it if some kind soul could take a few
minutes and send me the procedure for setting the unit number on this
drive, and maybe the LEDs on the kda50, and anything else that might
be tripping me up?

                     Thanks,
                     -Dave McGuire
                      mcguire@rocinante.digex.net