Subject: Re: Compile a kernel
To: Luc Beurton <beurton@fnet.fr>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/1996 15:34:45

> I try to compile a NetBSD-1.1 kernel on my MicroVax-II under NetBSD-1.0A,
> And I found some troubles around the Makefile.vax in sys/arch/vax/conf.
> So I change some little things to compile the kernel
>
> depend: param.c vnode_if.h
> 	mkdep ${COPTS} ${.ALLSRC:M*.c} ioconf.c
> 	mkdep -a -p ${INCLUDES} ${IDENT} ${PARAM} ????????

Don't try to run 'make depend', it probably won't work. I have never
cared about it; it anyway takes about 3 hours to run it on a MicroVAX II.

> I looking for the file assym.S (like i386's port) or
> genassym.c(like sparc's port).

There are no :-) All locore startup are done in C. The only relevant
assembler files are intvec.s with SCB interrupt vectors, and subr.s
which has some miscellaneous subroutines, like sigcode.

-- Ragge