Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3100?
To: Roland Kaufmann <kaufmann@guitar.shraero.co.at>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/14/1995 22:59:39
On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Roland Kaufmann wrote:

> 				Hello,
>
> I haven't been on this list until recently, so please forgive me my
> naivete ;-) I have this VAXstation 3100/30 with a KA42 CPU an RZ22 (52
> MB) hard disk and a RX23 (3.5") floppy drive and a nice monochrome
> screen.  Is there any hope to get it running under NetBSD?  Would it
> run X?  Any ideas of the performance?
>
> --
>                                 best regards
>                                     Roland Kaufmann
> e-mail: roland.kaufmann@shraero.co.at
> | SCHRACK Aerospace | Vienna, AUSTRIA

You appear to be in the same boat as I. I have a VAXstation 3100/M76 spx
w/ 32 MB RAM 2 x 209 MB RZ24 SCSI HDD's and what was supposed to be a
floppy  drive (a Sony made 3.5 in drive was manufactured for it--whether
it was 1440KB  or else I don't know) and as far as I know it is a color
unit it probably used a VR290DA 19 inch color display. I would like to
use this on my 80X86 W/F/W network. Stay tuned for the fun!

D4Nk3 5Ch03N!