Subject: Re: rx50 floppy question
To: None <tgpt_ltd@cc.rochester.edu>
From: John Lundin Jr <LUNDIN@urvax.urich.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/14/1995 00:51:58
>> What's the format of the rx50 floppies ? (i.e. #tracks #sectors #heads)
>> Has someone already been succesfull in copying such images from a PC ?
>There should be a program called "rx50.zip" on ftp.update.uu.se in (I
>think) /pub/ibmpc.  This will let a PC with a 1.2mb floppy drive
>read/write/format RX50 diskettes for the DEC Rainbow.

Anything that can handle 80 tracks single sided, 10 sectors per track,
and 512 bytes per sector should work for formatting.

Another program that did read/write/format was raindos.  It was shareware
and ran against dos three dot something.  If you're feeling adventurous,
we still have it up, one remnant of our old Rainbow-related ftp area:
ftp://urvax.urich.edu/hardware/pc/misc/raind112.zip.  If it crashes your
PC you're on your own.  I used a Rainbow instead.  Still have some...

(If possible, avoid ftping here 9am-9pm EST weekdays.  Yes, it's VMS.)

John Lundin  -  U of Richmond  -  lundin@urvax.urich.edu
"Immature programmers imitate, mature programmers steal"