Subject: Status of VAX port.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/1995 15:07:15
There have been done a lot of things to the vax code lately,
think it's time to inform about it :-)

The vax libm is in the common distribution. This is also in
the 1.1 Release.

The vax port now uses GCC 2.7.2 which is included in the source tree.

The pmap startup routines (Memory management) have been rewritten
to make it easier to port to new vax models and cpu types.

The Unibus config routines is converted to new config, UBA adaptors
and their interrupt vectors are now dynamically configured.

The non-mass-storage device drivers (network cards) have been
converted to use new config. I have started to convert the
disk/tape drivers also, but that is somewhat more difficult.

The evil bug that caused panics with "zero uba entry" has been
tracked down and eliminated.

I think that this is the big changes. Have I forgot something?
There are also numerous small changes and improvements everywhere.

-- Ragge