Subject: Re: -current/vax port?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/04/1995 02:11:36
On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, Dave McGuire wrote:

> Folks,
>   I'm itching to build -current on my MicroVAX-II.  I know that there
> was a modified gcc in use in the vax port at one point, and maybe a
> few other things, but as of now (last night's sup) is it ok to
> build/install NetBSD-current on a system running the latest binary
> snapshot?  What general procedure should I follow when doing this?
>
>   Also, I'm considering picking up a pair of MicroVAX 3500 systems.  I
> realize the ka650 support isn't done yet, but when it's done, will the
> ra driver talk to a kda50 just like it does the rqdx3?

I removed the rqdx3 from the MicroVAX II I'm running and replaced it with
two kda50 (and eight si511). No problem at all, except getting a kernel
accepting eight disks. But now I have a working mid november kernel.

>                        Thanks,
>                         -Dave

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)