Subject: Poor DECstation 2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Malagelada i Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/02/1995 14:58:00
Hi, I'm Marc Malagelada, from University of Girona, Catalunya, Spain.

I have some old VAXstations 2000, and I'm trying to get at least one of them
working. (they all have hard disk problems).

The one I'm working on is a VAXstation2000 with a half height 5 1/4 Floppy
disk (Low density, don't rebember the RDxx reference).
I have an expansion box with a 80Mb harddisk in good conditions, a nice 21
inch color monitor, a classic DEC VT220 keyboard, a graphic tablet and
mouse: a complete CADstation.

The problem I have is that all these stations did boot from a VAX3500 that
is not currently working, and I have no OS to boot them.

Does anybody know if there is any share or freeware OS to boot a
DECstation2000?

Thanxs.

Marc.
Dept. Computer Architecture