Subject: Re: 4.4lite QDSS driver
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/01/1995 11:12:16
> The QDSS driver was functional under X11R5; we have a couple of
> MicroVAX 2000 here that uses it. It does not work under R6, though.
> Maybe what should be done is to change the way it works in some
> way, for example use mmap() instead?
>
> -- Ragge

Most of the QDSS driver is just a hack to map pages, anyway.  Someone
needs to take a look at the R6 server and fold the R5 QDSS module back
into it, removing all the wierd ioctl()'s having to do with memory
mapping.  Then the QDSS driver needs to be hacked down to the point
where it's just handing the pmap() entry points and the mouse I/O.