Subject: Free 11/750 + 6.8gb of disk + "spare"
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Guptill <tom@lenin.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/26/1995 12:30:45
Well, due to time, space, and power constraints, we've decided to retire
our 11/750.  (It's actually been switched off for quite some time.)  As
I've been following this project for a while, I wanted to offer it up
here first, since I figure someone will be able to give it a good home.
Here are the specs:

VAX-11/750
	- 16mb RAM
	- 850mb HD (CDC XDM-850), boots (expired) VMS 5.4
	- Emulex disk controller
	- includes not-yet-installed 6mb disk array just removed from
		active service at the UR med ctr.
	- Modified to use a standard twist-lock (normal US 120VAC) power
          connection.

The machine also includes a "spare" system in the same configuration (no
disk), condition unknown, no front panel.

The whole lot is FREE, provided you can pick it up in Rochester, NY,
USA.  We'll gladly help you load it onto a truck.  For those who have
never seen an 11/750, it's just over 1m tall, about 75cm wide & deep
(about 42in x 28in x 28in) and weighs...a lot.  The 850mb disk is about
the same depth, but maybe 50cm by 25cm.  I haven't seen the 6 gig array
yet, but I gather it's in a rack about 1.5m tall and about the same size
as a 750.  By today's standards, this is a *big* machine, and it draws a
LOT of power.

We will give away individual items as well.

If you're interested, respond via email or call (716) 275-7400 and ask
for (or leave a message for) Tom Guptill.  I'd hate to see these machines
get tossed, but I'm the only person around who wants to keep them, and
I'm outvoted... :(

Tom Guptill
Engineering Department
WRUR, 88.5FM Rochester