Subject: Re: VAXStation 3100 and MicroVAX 2000
To: Ken Wellsch <kcwellsc@math.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/21/1995 10:55:06
On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Ken Wellsch wrote:

> If we had MOP going that would help a lot I think, since the farm of
> vs2000's I've piled up are all without removable media.  All RD53 based.
> I'm not sure how common this is for others, maybe they have a neato
> tape unit, or the RX33 and an RD3x drive pair.  Either would give
> access to removable media for debugging development.

I have a working MOP loader for NetBSD. But my intentions is to release it
right after 1.1 has ben released. I have some cleaning up of the code to do.
I original wrote the MOP loader to load terminal servers with there images.
So the only type of image supported was RSX images. I have now implemented
VAX native images, PMAX images and Alpha images. The later two hasn't been
tested. I have loaded ISL_SVAX_061.SYS and X-terminal software into a VS3100
from an Sun ELC (i think) running NetBSD/sparc. I have tried to do the same
to a VS2000 but with no success. The problem is the implementation of Network
load in the VS2000. It sends 49 requests for loading in less than a second
and the gives up. I hope to solve this problem before I release the code.
The MOP loader supports both MOP V3 and MOP V4.

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)