Subject: Re: VAXStation 3100 and MicroVAX 2000
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/20/1995 09:52:42
On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Does it run on the MicroVAX 2000?
> >
> Nope, it doesn't. You may want to check www.netbsd.org; it's up-to-date.

So what's this bit of code doing in uvaxII_conf() in uvaxII.c?

        switch (cpu_type) {
        case VAX_410:
                strcpy(cpu_model,"MicroVAX 2000");
                break;

> CPU support isn't any problem, what's difficult is everything around
> (buses etc.) Those vaxstations is quite different from the normal
> Microvax II.

Right. So what's involved in getting `everything around' running?
How much coding would be necessary? Is adequate documentation easily
available? Is this a project I should take up for my spare time,
given that I know little about VAXen? :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.