Subject: VAXStation 3100 and MicroVAX 2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/19/1995 15:33:00
I've got a couple of machines that dropped in the door the other
day, a VAXStation 3100 and a MicroVAX 2000. I know that NetBSD
currently doesn't run on the VAXStation. Does it run on the MicroVAX
2000?

What's involved in getting it up and running on either of these
machines? Is the technical information that I'd need readily
available? How different is the CPU, memory managment, etc., from
a 750 or a MicroVAX II?

Incidently, I got a DEC 19" colour monitor, a VR 299-DA, with the
VAXStation. Unfortunately, it just gives odd red lines (as if
there's no sync) when I start the VAXStation (which currently has
VMS on it). The most likely culprit is the cable, I should think.
But does anyone have any technical information on this monitor
(max. bandwidth, max H/V refresh, etc.) that would allow me to use
it with X on another machine (assuming I can find another machine
that's willing to put sync on green)?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/