Subject: I'd like to try it out...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Guptill <tom@lenin.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/1995 17:37:19
I've been following this list for a while, and it looks like things are
to the point that you might want a few testers.  I have the following
setup: (note: I'm not a VAX hardware guy *yet*, so I'm going to tell you
what I see.  Let me know if I got anything wrong.)

VAX 11/750
	-16mb RAM
	-4 processor boards(?)
	-TU58(?) tape drive (the little tiny builtin one)
	-Emulex disk controller (labelled UD3310401 00 REV D)
	-CDC XMD850 HD, addressed as DUA0:
	-DEC Ethernet adapter (and our building is supposedly getting
		ethernet Real Soon Now[tm])
	-32 serial ports

The machine is currently shut down, but it boots VMS 5-4 and runs
reliably.  I'd be willing to take a bit of a road trip (from Rochester,
NY) with my (very heavy) disk to install NetBSD, then bring the disk back
and boot it up.  Is this something people would be interested in/willing
to do?

	Tom

--
Tom Guptill