Subject: Re: X windows?
To: David Wolff <wolffd@ucs.orst.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/04/1995 22:33:47

> I'm new to this group, and I'm trying to get NetBSD up and running on our
> VAXstation II/GPX.  I was wondering if there was a version of X which
> I could run with NetBSD.  My console is a VR290 color monitor, and I know
> that the GPX chip has graphics capabilities.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

The GPX chip isn't supported yet, and I think that you must use
a serial console to get NetBSD run on that machine.
I think it wouldn't be too difficult to get the QDSS device driver
from 4.4BSD to work under NetBSD. There were QDSS support in X11R5
and it is probably easy to integrate that in X11R6.

-- Ragge