Subject: Re: uVAXII with Emulex 3rd
To: Holm Tiffe <holm@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1995 15:23:53

> Hi all,
>
> I'm previously reported here my problems with an Emulex controller in
> a uVAXII. Meanwhile I´ve read the controller manual. I´ve found a table
> which contains several csr settings for certain hardware.
> Additionally, the first UDA50 controller should have an interrupt vector of
> 154. The NetBSD kernel just before it hangs writes out the message:
> 	uda0 at uba0 csr 172150 vec 177,ipl 17
> 	uda0 controller hung
> Is it possible that the reason is a difference in the interrupt vector ?
> Is there a way to modify the interrupt vector with the rom monitor ?

No, it is not possible. The interrupt vector is dynamically allocated
by the uba driver from the floating vector space, and told to the
controller. It that should fail you would get noticed on the console
about that. Your problem is that the ctlr stops in the middle
of it's own initialization.
-- Ragge