Subject: arithmetic fault
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/1995 10:45:24
Hi,

   Running racopy works fine, but when I get to actually starting the
   kernel it diagnoses devices, then gets a Kernel fault: Arithmetic trap.

The uda.c driver does a bunch of calculations based on fields in the
drive stats returned by the controller (including divides). I know for
a fact that some Dilog controllers fill a lot of these fields with 0,
so I suspect that is what is happening here. (ie. the emulex is returning
a zero filled field that is causing a divide by zero:-)

Unfortunately the fix is to hack uda.c and fake the fields, but that requires
a running system to build a kernel from.

Good luck with it, rick