Subject: Re: Any VAX 11/750 fundies with NetBSD running?
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Andre B. Skarzynski <andre@vector.co.za>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/1995 13:43:31
> > I know this is rather a disjointed post, but maybe someone who has NetBSD on a 11/750
> > can help me.
> >
> It sounds like boot don't like your controller; quite possible since Emulex
> ctlr's have some very strange bugs to take care of, and I don't have any
> to test on.
> Tell me what type of halt you get (Probably 04) and where; also you should
> use a newer boot if it don't try to load microcode (older boot didn't).
> There are a new boot and generic kernel and bootblocks available at
> psi.ludd.luth.se in /netbsd for anon ftp.

Hi,

I written down one of the boot sequences I have used, along with halt info. This is with
the latest boot blocks and boot program from psi.

The controller I am using is an Emulex SC41MS set up for a standard configuration. Here is
what happens with the image copied using VMS to UDA1: from which I boot. Notice, that even
though this is the newest boot, there is still no message about pcs750.bin... wierd.

<switch on, click... vrooom>

0000000  16
>>>T            <--- test
%%

0000000  01
>>>B DUA1       <--- type in boot...

howto 0x0 bdev 0x11, booting...
9832+456+34916 start 0x0

Nboot
: /netbsd

8FD00101  06     <--- Foomph! :-(

Hih! and I tried combinations like crazy. Unfortantly I don't know the halt codes,
and it is allways a 06.

I actually had a nightmare about my VAX and booting it... in my dream, the solution was
to "blow it out" given by a salesman of the company I work for! Sheesh! I am going nuts.

You guys are my last resort...Help!

Regards,

Slowly_going_mad, Andre'

[BTW, I am having mail problems, please confirm if you can.]