Subject: Re: Any VAX 11/750 fundies with NetBSD running?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1995 20:03:28
> It is a very good idea to take 4.4BSD's ka820.* files.

ok, I'll get right onto it...

> But; unless your machine has Unibus in addition to BI-bus

It did, but the box was too big, so it's at a friend's house around 7
US miles from here. :)

> then you need to write drivers for your BI-bus cards also,
> and that may not be trivial.

The only BI-bus cards it's got is 1 processor card and 5 memory cards
(for a total of 14 megs) (We removed two SDI controller cards and a
Unibus extension card) Would the proc. and memory card need drivers too?
Otherwise it should at least boot (if there's RX50 support (or if I add
it)) We are planning on finding a SCSI card for it if there are any out
there, but since I don't have one I would be happy if I could just get it
to boot NetBSD.

--
Oscar