Subject: Re: Any VAX 11/750 fundies with NetBSD running?
To: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1995 19:08:33

> > It sounds like boot don't like your controller; quite possible since Emulex
> > ctlr's have some very strange bugs to take care of, and I don't have any
> > to test on.
>
> I have a Unibus card that sais Emulex on it, has got 2 50-pin connectors,
> used to have a big multicolored cable (or two actually). Could this be the
> same card? In that case I could send it to you so you could test on it...
> Also, how's the VAX8200 support coming? I got one (actually will
> get one today, hopefully) because I didn't have space for an 11/750.
> Would it help if I translated the ka820.c/ka820.h from 4.4BSD_Lite into
> something compatible w/ the NetBSD ka750.c (same functions, same
> arguments, etc), or would I break some licensing something of 4.4BSD or be
> wasting my time or anything?

It is a very good idea to take 4.4BSD's ka820.* files.
But; unless your machine has Unibus in addition to BI-bus
then you need to write drivers for your BI-bus cards also,
and that may not be trivial. There exist only code for KDB50
and that driver is really old and need to be much rewritten.
-- Ragge