Subject: Re: Any VAX 11/750 fundies with NetBSD running?
To: Andre B. Skarzynski <andre@vector.co.za>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/15/1995 21:16:14

> Hi,
>
> I have been struggling for days now to try and get NetBSD/vax on my 11/750 at home.
> Bertram has been helping me alot, and I think I now have a better idea how things are
> put together...
[...]
> I know this is rather a disjointed post, but maybe someone who has NetBSD on a 11/750
> can help me.

It sounds like boot don't like your controller; quite possible since Emulex
ctlr's have some very strange bugs to take care of, and I don't have any
to test on.
Tell me what type of halt you get (Probably 04) and where; also you should
use a newer boot if it don't try to load microcode (older boot didn't).
There are a new boot and generic kernel and bootblocks available at
psi.ludd.luth.se in /netbsd for anon ftp.
-- Ragge