Subject: Re: [Q]: Current Status of NetBSD port to VAXstation 2000 ?
To: None <uch435@zx2.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/13/1995 16:20:55

> Can someone on this list tell me, what the current status of the
> NetBSD-Port for VAXstation 2000 is ? I have one of these beasts hanging
> around in my room and want to do something useful with it, especially
> because it has a nice 19" color display :-) I am willing to help in any
> possible way, although my knowledge of the architecture of this machine is
> very limited (i.e. not existant :-() I just picked it up to hook up the
> monitor to my Linux-Box, but it would be a shame if the station had to
> stand in the corner and collect dust :-)

VS2000 is not yet supported; actually only "normal" MicroVAX II's and
11/750's is supported. There are lots of people asking about this,
hopefully someone can fix the needed support.
As far as I know noone is working on this port, if someone out there
is interested in hacking on this tell me. I don't know anything
about this animal myself, and don't have any docs.
-- Ragge