Subject: Re: your mail
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Stig Venaas <venaas@nvg.unit.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/02/1995 10:24:31
> KA650 isn't yet supported, but it should be rather easy to fix.

I'm hoping for 650 support too.

> DESQA Ethernet have I never heard of, does someone else know
> what it is?? If it is software compatible with DEQNA it should work.

The DESQA has both standard ethernet and BNC, and it's for BA200
cabinets. It's the kind with a metal plate bolted on and S-shaped
fastening hooks (or whatever I should call them). It's newer than
the DEQNA and faster. It's supported by recent versions of VMS while
the DEQNA isn't. This might indicate that it's not software
compatible.

Stig