Subject: Re: your mail
To: Gabriel K. McAtee <sarkhori@access.digex.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/02/1995 01:14:58

> Hello, all... I am trying to find out if the following platform is supported
> by any port of NetBSD..
>
>      "  Our VAX is a little number called a Microvax 3800 (in strict DEC
>      parlance it is a 380T1-AA). It consists of a KA655-AA cpu, 32MB of
>      MS650-BA memory, a DESQA-SA Ethernet adapter and a KFQSA-SA DSSI bus
>      controller which supports 3 RF72E-SF disks (1GB ea.). We also have a
>      whole bunch of serial lines, primarily CXA16-M modules. The system has
>      a TK70 console tape drive which is the usual load medium for this
>      class of machine. We also can support 8mm cartridge tape and also (in
>      a pinch) 1600-3200-6250 BPI nine track tape (yeccch!)
>
>      We are presently running OpenVMS VAX Version V5.5-2."

KA650 isn't yet supported, but it should be rather easy to fix.
DESQA Ethernet have I never heard of, does someone else know
what it is?? If it is software compatible with DEQNA it should work.
KFQSA Will work just fine as far as I can see; I have one such
card here but haven't tested it (yet). No serial lines is yet
supported. TK70 should also work just fine, I've tried it.
8mm and 1600-3200-6250 BPI tape will work if it uses TMSCP
tape protocol.
Lots of answers :-) Hope you get it all...
-- Ragge