Subject: Re: KERMIT a part of the OpenVMS standarf distribution ?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Dittman <DITTMAN@skitzo.dseg.ti.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/1995 15:34:46
>i use a uVAX II with OpenVMS. I want to tranfer the netBSD images from a PC
>to the uVAX via a serial link. I am not familiar with OpenVMS. I read
>somewhere, that KERMIT is part of the standard OpenVMS distribution.
>Is this true ?

No.  Kermit has never been a part of the standard VMS or OpenVMS distribution.

>If not, is there another utility for this task ?

I think Kermit would still be the best way to transfer the information, if
you don't have TCP/IP on your VAX.  I can't remember the ftp site, though.
--
Eric Dittman                  Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman@skitzo.dseg.ti.com    (214) 462-4292