Subject: binary snapshot.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/21/1995 15:24:21
I have just uploaded a complete binary snapshot to ftp.netbsd.org.
It is almost compiled right-out-of-the-box, exception is ld which
not yet supports dynamically linked libraries, and libm.
The binaries are in arch/vax/binaries.

Note:	libm is compiled from 4.4BSD sources and not NetBSD sources.
	This is because of the vax non-IEEE format of floating
	point, that NetBSD can't handle yet. This will be fixed
	in the future.

Note2:	Because of some strange bug somewhere in libm, some binaries
	will get illegal instructions. (systat -pigs, ypbind, ...)
	will search for this soon.

Everything is compiled using gcc 2.6.4, and works fine on both my
11/750 and Microvax II.

-- Ragge