Subject: Re: X-Server for VAXStation3100 (sg0) Question
To: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/07/1995 12:10:28
> The VAXstation 3100 is neither a QVSS or q QDSS.  The QDSS ("Dragon")
> was used in the VAXstation-II GPX and in the color VAXstation 2000.
> The QVSS was used in the VAXstation-II and in the mono VAXstation 2000.
>
> I don't remember what the VAXstation-3100 had in it but it wasn't a QDSS.

The VS3100 definitely could use a GPX (same chip as the QDSS/VCB02) and
the sg0 driver prvides the same interface to the GPX as did the qd0 driver.
The VS3100 was also capable of using the SPX graphics board but only VMS
supported that.  The sg driver was common between the VS2000 and the VS3100.

Speaking of which, the original field test VS3100 that I got in September
of 1988 is still running (and it does have a GPX option).  It runs VMS 6.1
now though.

Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    <currently homeless>
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: Digital disavows all knowledge
                                      of this message