Subject: loading an 11/750
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/1995 10:16:29
Hi,

>Well, I have alittle more info concerning the 11/750 I hopefully will have soon,
>it has a unibus and the 9 track, TS11, is on the unibus. I don't know if this is
>much of a help, yet. There are a few ra82 drives with a uda50 i/f so if these
>will work, maybe one could put an image and bootblks on a disk using VMS $QIO.
>I am newbie when it comes to VAX hardware, but I will learn quickly.
>
>I suppose one would have to get a kernel with tu58 support first before one can
>really get the system up, or am I being negative?

Well, the TS11 isn't supported yet, but the UDA50/RAnn drives should work.
If you can somehow get "root.fs" onto the first N blocks of one of those
drives, then I think you should be able to boot it.

After that, unless you have an ethernet connection on it, there may not
be much more you can do with it yet, but..

Good luck with it, rick