Subject: Happened since last...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/1995 03:23:44
Here is the info that lots of people has been asking for for a while :-)

There have been done lots of things with the VAX port last weeks.
It runs rather good on my 11/750, even if there happens strange things
sometimes. Anyway, it doesn't crash.
Boot blocks are written and boot program, currently only for 11/750
but in a week or so it will be fixed for uVAX also.
MicroVAX support has been added. It now also runs on uVAXII systems,
but that's very beta. TK50 may work on it.

The current kernel sources are uploaded on sun-lamp. There are also
an generic kernel in /pub/NetBSD/vaxport, if someone with 4.3BSD
wants to try it. (Yes, 4.3BSD is still needed, but soon it won't be).

What needs to be done first:

- Userspace fixed. (Rather straightforward - I'll fix it in a couple of days)
- Boot code fixed for uVAX also.

After that it should be possible for anyone to install it and try
without the need for old Berkeley code. (And no AT&T License :-)

Now my kernel is soon compiled, a complete recompiling of only
_kernel_ takes 9 hours on an 11/750 :-/ I'll switch to an
faster computer soon, i think...

-- Ragge