Subject: None
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <CRITCHSS@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/1995 16:52:46
When I finally get a copy of NetBSD, I will have more drives available than
controller space first. Even with what I have now I don't have enough
electrical service to run it all at once. So my question is this, Will it be
possible for me to leave drives powered down most the time, and maybe mount
them when needed. Currently I have a Vax 11/750 with 4 megs ram, 3 fuji Eagle
harddrives, and a tu78. I might soon have an additional 7 ra81s, and 1 ra82.
This should prove why I won't have enough electrical service to run 11 drives
and the computer at once. Also for a single user computer I don't see the need
for that much space running all the time.

Steven