Subject: 6410 VAX and NetBSD
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Nelson <mikenel@netcom.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/1995 14:49:36
I am a Network Administrator (and student) at a small school located in
the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. We just acquired a 6410 VAX which
was given away through an act which allows non-profit institutions to
receive used government equipment for free.

We are waiting for the proper electrical connections (220V) to be
installed to get the VAX running -- so we have not been able to see if
there is anything on it. Assuming there is NOTHING on the machine, how
would I go about obtaining and installing NetBSD on it?

I have yet to read the books on the VAX, so I know next to nothing about
the netadmin/hardware side. Additionally, it did not come with any tapes
or licenses for either VMS or Ultrix...

Thanks for you help!

-- Mike

--
Michael Nelson (mikenel@netcom.com) | Real programmers don't comment their
Rockville, Maryland                 | code. It was hard to write, it should