Subject: Re: On the subject of MicroVAXes....
To: None <bertram@ifib1.ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: None <michel@nijenrode.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1995 15:52:43

> Last week I got it finally managed to write a standalon-program
> which uses the ROM-based VMB in MicroVAXen to access the disk/floppy.
>
> I can read blocks from disk/floppy into memory and i can write
> blocks to disk. (works at least on KA630 / RQDX3).
>
> Is this of any interest or is this problem already solved ??

I'm currently working on a bootstrap for 3100 models for scsi,
which should be able to boot from tk50 through scsi. A device
driver for scsi is just a small step from there. I'm making
progress bit by bit although not done by far... (right now
exam weeks are delaying things a bit...). (I'm trying to make this
bootstrapper to be able to create a ufs on drives).

I'm interested in seeing your code for the uVax, it might help me
a bit.

Michel.