Subject: Re: On the subject of MicroVAXes....
To: None <bertram@ifib1.ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1995 15:09:09

> Last week I got it finally managed to write a standalon-program
> which uses the ROM-based VMB in MicroVAXen to access the disk/floppy.
>
> I can read blocks from disk/floppy into memory and i can write
> blocks to disk. (works at least on KA630 / RQDX3).
>
> Is this of any interest or is this problem already solved ??

Sounds perfect! I would be very glad if I could get your program
and merge it with 750's boot stuff. The point: As far as I know
only 11/750, uVAX and 8200 reads in LBN0 from disk and executes
it. Other VAX systems (730, 780, 8600, 8800...) reads boot from
the console media and have no need for this low-level stuff in
LBN 1-15.
-- Ragge