Subject: Re: Vax port?
To: Joachim Thiemann <j_thiema@ECE.concordia.CA>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/1995 00:22:14

> I recently obtained a MicroVAX II, KA630-A.V1.3 processor, RQDX3 Controller,
> 2 RD54 drives, tape drive (TK-50?), DELQA Ethernet, Q22 bus, 9 megs of RAM
> (I have another 4 which I want to install) and a dual disk drive not installed.
>
> (I am new with VAXen, so I had to guess device names from boot-up screens...)
>
> Currently, It's running Ultrix 4.4.
>
> I would like to put NetBSD onto it... is it possible with this configuration?
> I would like to contribute to the effort.

Currently it doesn't support uVAX, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
RQDX3 is an MSCP controller just like UDA50, so it should work without
too much problem. I don't know anything about DELQA, but if it is
compatible with DEUNA/DELUA then it should work too. Are you interested
in kernel hacking? I think i'm rather familiar with what needs to be
done to getting NetBSD run om uVAX.

-- Ragge