Subject: Re: Vax port?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joachim Thiemann <j_thiema@ECE.concordia.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/1995 18:05:41
In message <01HM2KJ8ESXE8XL19N@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu>, CRITCHSS@ctrvax.Vanderbi
lt.Edu writes:
>Is there anything to update us about? I haven't noticed anything in about a
>month or more about the port.
>
>Steven

Hi... I just joined this mailing list... I was hoping there would be a little
more traffic 'round here... Maybe this request will generate a bit?

I recently obtained a MicroVAX II, KA630-A.V1.3 processor, RQDX3 Controller,
2 RD54 drives, tape drive (TK-50?), DELQA Ethernet, Q22 bus, 9 megs of RAM
(I have another 4 which I want to install) and a dual disk drive not installed.

(I am new with VAXen, so I had to guess device names from boot-up screens...)

Currently, It's running Ultrix 4.4.

I would like to put NetBSD onto it... is it possible with this configuration?
I would like to contribute to the effort.

I am already running NetBSD on my Amiga 3000, and would have long uptimes, if
I wouldn't recompile the kernel as often :)

Joachim Thiemann.

PS. Anyone with a spare copy of a hardware manual for a uVAX II, and/or above
devices???? Thanks.