Subject: Re: Vax port?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/1995 21:13:14
> Is there anything to update us about? I haven't noticed anything in about a
> month or more about the port.

Yes, I think there is :-)
I have had a vacation over christmas, and after that I did some debugging
on the kernel.
Right now I am trying to fix autoconf code for config.new in Unibus,
it will probably take a couple of days before it works OK.
I've probably found most bugs in pmap (I hope!), so it runs now
rather stable on my machine even with only 2MB in machine. Ethernet/DEUNA
support is OK, so I have network. I ran some tests, and it was actually
a few percent faster than an equivalent machine running 4.3BSD Reno.

There are only a small number of functions in kernel that are still
not written; code for User level debugging and kernel profiling,
for example.

I've also written a boot program, right now it only support Massbuss
disks (that is not supported by the kernel :-) but UDA routines will
also be written soon.

No user-level programs is fixed yet, I still run with 4.3BSD Reno
programs, and that's work OK. (Even xemacs 19 :)

I will upload the new files as soon as autoconf works as it should do...
-- ragge@ludd.luth.se