Subject: Re: who's contacting people ?
To: None <port-vax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Paul A Vixie <paul@vix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/04/1994 00:28:08
> After having read the mail from Adam Glass concerning Mach-sources
> and the mail from other people willing to help (eg. charlie root :)
> i think it's time to talk about a few organizational things:
> - who should contact the CMU-people

it's not clear that we need to contact the CMU people.  i have the mach-3.0
pmap module and also some other random bits of junque from my (failed) effort
to do this port back in 1992.  they are on an ra90 back at DECWRL, and i hope
to get down there this weekend to spin it up and tar off the files.  the mach
kernel files have no restrictions on redistribution, or at least this one had
none.  (i've made no changes to it, or if i did i used RCS.)

> - who should coordinate the work

i have no opinion as long as it isn't me :-).

> - maybe there should be something like an "official spokesperson"
>       or at least an "unofficial spokesperson".

yes.  should be the same as the coordinator.

> To start the discussion i'd propose Anders Magnusson to be this
> coordinator/spokesperson for the following reasons:
> 	- he originated this mailing list
> 	- he/his team has done the most work so far
> 	- he/his team knows best about what's already done
> 	  and what could/should be done next

seconded.  now, quick, before he has a chance to think about whether he wants
to volunteer or not, somebody congradulate him!