Port-sun3 archive

Re: X11R7'fied Xsun servers

> > Somehow I've managed to port ancient X11R6 based Xsun servers
> > (was in src/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/sun) to recent X11R7,
> > by mechanically adapting all MD sources to Xorg API changes
> > as I did for X68k server back in 2014:
> >  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-x68k/2014/02/27/msg000043.html
>
> this is great news!

Thanks :-)

> > If there is no particular objection, I'll commit current sources
> > (as WIP, even with several remaining issue) into HEAD soon.
>
> no objection from me.
>
> i know you've looked at porting towards newer xorg-server
> and had to revert the 1.18 back to 1.10 when we upgraded
> to 1.20, have you had any thought on what's needed there?

Ah, I thought xorg-server.old was 1.18 but it's actually 1.10.6..

With a quick glance at diffs of xnest between xorg-server.old and
xorg-server, most changes seem mechanical but one of major change is
"changes to convert from screen index numbers to ScreenPtr / ScrnInfoPtr":
 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit?id=1f0e8bd5eb1a5539689cfc4f5a6b86b530907ec5
because Xsun sources also heavily depend on it around sunFbs[] etc.
(pScreen->myNum can be used instead?)

I also wonder if this xnest change to AddEnabledDevice() could affect:
 https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit?id=55c2e1a3aa587c58a74066724e11e30b3df267b8
(seems not applied to X68k server)

---
Izumi Tsutsui