Port-sun3 archive

Re: Internal compiler error problems?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:09:07PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>> Has anyone, by chance, run into any issues with internal compiler
>> problems
>> on sun3 with NetBSD-5.0? I've seen it so far with lynx, nmap, tme (yeah -
>> tme on a sun3... don't ask. :) ) and a couple of others. I don't want to
>> send a send-pr for each individual package since it's happening enough
>> now
>> that it may actually be a compiler issue.
> Just a couple of quick thoughts:
> - Does it always happen on the same files in the same place?
> - Does 'unlimit' (csh/tcsh) before building help?
> - Does using -O1 or -O0 affect it?

So far, yes to all three. I seem to get consistent results regardless of
those changes - I just ran a test on tme, for example (since it takes
the least time to compile of the group), doing/undoing each item to see if I
can get it to do something different, and it doesn't.

I have a feeling then that based on your response that I'm the only one
seeing this issue. That said, I'll try to get tme going tonight with a
dd of this machine and see if also it happens on different "hardware."