Port-sun3 archive

Sun3 FPA VME board

Hi there Sun3 users.

I have a---what appears to be---new in the box Sun3 VME floating-point
accelerator board, including foam packaging and warranty paperwork(?)

Anyone who wants it, please offer to pay shipping or pick it up in
Pasadena, Calif.

For those who don't know, these boards are very cool looking.  Full
VME board completely loaded with 74F-series logic.  As I recall it,
it's nearly 10 times faster than a 68881 and probably 100 times
faster than software floating point.  I remember using a board like
this on a Sun3/260 running 4.1.1.

    Best regards,
      Mika Nystrom
      Dept of Computer Science