Subject: Re: TME emulator status: now works with SunOS ethernet
To: None <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp, port-sun3@NetBSD.org>
From: None <SigmFSK@aol.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/22/2006 17:51:37
In a message dated 12/22/2006 5:55:15 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp writes:
> FYI, the last  time I tried, TME also seems to have some problem
> with gcc4. For example  fsck(8) fails during boot on 3/120 emulation
> while pkgsrc binary for  netbsd-3 works with the same disk image.
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Hi Izumi:
Can you elaborate?  Over the last few weeks, I did "fsck" on NetBSD  3.0
inside an emulated sun 3/160 with 32Mb memory and it worked correctly (The
emulated sun had two hard drives, one for the OS, and another for the entire  pkgsrc
- and sometimes I would shutdown TME before the drives were correctly
dismounted.  The OS drive was fsck'd automatically upon reboot, and I  manually
fsckd the second mounted drive).

Can you apply all my TME patches and try again?  I can e-mail you a  tar file
with all the patches, or you can do a netbsd problem database query for
originator "arthur".

What is gcc4?  The GNU C compiler, version 4?  I thought that  support for
sun executables was discontinued in gcc 3.4 -
_http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/changes.html#obsolete_systems_
(http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/changes.html#obsolete_systems)

thanks,
arthur