Subject: TME emulator status: now works with SunOS ethernet
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <SigmFSK@aol.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/21/2006 18:34:46
I found and fixed a variety of minor problems with the emulator, and also
fixed some biggies:

pkg/34899: TME sun3 emulator fails M68K instruction  cmpmw (sp)+,(sp)+
pkg/35305: TME sun3 emulator incorrectly emulates ethernet  obie & i825x6
hardware

The fix for 35305 allows SunOS to use ethernet  inside the emulator.  So
other than extended precision floating point, and  a bizarre memory problem
compiling the chimera web-browser from pkgsrc inside  NetBSD 3.0 inside the emulator
(35803), TME works absolutely functionally  identically to a real sun3.

I even had a Sun3 Dillo poker party, where  guests were able to pull-up the
poker hand rankings on the internet via the  dillo web-browser - built from
pkgsrc - running on an emulated Sun3 running  NetBSD 3.0.  The nameserver is
finicky running on a Sun3, but everything  worked perfectly and wild coed
partygoers screamed with Sun3 emulation  enjoyment.

With the dillo success, I don't think there's anything more to  test or fix,
so I'll take a happy Christmas vacation from emulating.   I haven't heard
anything from Matt, but hope he's smiling!

/arthur