Subject: sun3 bus_space(9) support added
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/01/2006 16:13:40
In article <060606082156.M0114425@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>
I wrote:

> IIUC, the abuse is in sun3/sun3/vme.c. It uses cf_unit to specify
> VME bus types. Of cource sun3 should switch to the MI vme driver,
> but we have to implement bus_space(9) for sun3 first.
> It should be trivial (see sun68k/sun68k/bus.c), but...

As seen on source-changes, finally I've committed changes which
add bus_space(9) support on sun3 port with existing sun68k/bus.c.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2006/10/01/0003.html

There is no device drivers which have been changed to use these
bus_space(9) API yet, but this is the (late) first step to switch
sun3 port to more MI drivers like sys/dev/sun and sys/dev/vme etc.
MD bus_dma(9) backends are not implemented yet, but it should be trivial..

I'll switch homegrown todclock functions (clock and oclock) to
MI intersil7170(4) and mk48txx(4) first.
(is there anyone who can test it on 3/4xx? ;-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui