Subject: Re: Which gcc for c++ on a sun3 using sunos 4.1.1U1?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/17/2003 11:04:48
Robertdkeys@aol.com said:
From: Robertdkeys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:47:29 EST
Subject: Which gcc for c++ on a sun3 using sunos 4.1.1U1?
To: port-sun3@NetBSD.org
Sender: port-sun3-owner@NetBSD.org

>I am trying to update some things on my sun3/60.  One set of
>disks is running sunos411u1.  I want to try to port a modern TeX,
>groff, grap, and c++ compiler to it, for the fun of it.  Which gcc
>is reported to be a good one for sun3 sunos411U1?  I have gcc 2.5.8
>up on it for starters, but would entertain any suggestions for a later
>gcc for sunos411U1 that builds and runs well, on sun3.

The last gcc that I had on my Sun 3/80 when it was running 4.1.1 was
2.5.8. I remember trying something much newer and it wouldn't compile,
but you can just try the next rev up from 2.5.8.

The 3/80 is running NetBSD 1.6.1 now, but I still have the complete install
of 3/80 on the original hard disks. Also, openssh won't compile on 4.1.1.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com