Subject: Which gcc for c++ on a sun3 using sunos 4.1.1U1?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/17/2003 12:47:29
I am trying to update some things on my sun3/60.  One set of
disks is running sunos411u1.  I want to try to port a modern TeX,
groff, grap, and c++ compiler to it, for the fun of it.  Which gcc
is reported to be a good one for sun3 sunos411U1?  I have gcc 2.5.8
up on it for starters, but would entertain any suggestions for a later
gcc for sunos411U1 that builds and runs well, on sun3.

Does anyone know if the December 1.6.2 is bootable via tape or
miniroot on sun3, or if any particular current works, likewise?
I really would like to get a NetBSD up on it, but all I can bring up
successfully is 1.3.2.  Later things crash due to various problems
in install scripts, etc., and are most frustrating.  I can get NetBSD
up on everything from ardvarks to zebras, including sparcs, but sun3
seems to be testing my mettle more than it should.

Thanks

Bob Keys