Subject: Re: How many drives can a sun3 scsi bus really support?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 11/06/2003 18:48:28
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:11:05PM -0500, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> This kind of trouble caused me to wring my type 3 keyboards in the
> air, one time, and chuck out a truckload of sun3 vme crates.  But,
> when I ran across this lonely, forgotten 3/60, I got bit by that sunbug,
> again.....(:+}}..... (as it turns out this particular 3/60 had the good 3.0.1
> prom in it so I can run the luncbox 150mb tape drives, which is nice).

I have an old 3/200 motherboard. This board is so old it won't work with
the 16MB memory boards for the sun 4/200. I think the serial number is
around 1000 or so.

Anyway, this board will boot from an Archive Viper 150 the *second* time
I try it. The first time always fails. Weird. I'm told it isn't supposed
to ever work, but it does.
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994