Subject: Re: disklabelling for sunos and netbsd
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: schaecsn <schaecsn@gmx.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 07/31/2001 08:12:40
Hi,

I have a sun 3/50. I cannot boot from (external) scsi drives. here is a
sample session.

> b sd(0,0,0)
scsi select failed
Device not found

I have previously installed a diskless setup, e.g. I can boot from
le(0,0,0).

I have disklabeled the disk and created a filesystem => the disk works!

From the diskless setup I have dd-ed the miniroot to sd0b. I cannot boot
that ( b sd(0,0,1) ). Then I have copied all netbsd files from my
diskless setup onto the harddrive and adapted fstab (sd0a for root and
sd0d for usr). with "./installboot -v /ufsboot bootxx /dev/rsd0a" I have
made sd0a bootable but I cannot boot sd0a, either (see above).

actually, with

> si

one can test the scsi interface. the "scsi bus external loopback test"
fails
with
SCSI loopback error: SIGNALS Ack <and so forth>: exp F0, obs 0
SCSI loopback error: SIGNALS Ack <and so forth>: exp F, obs 0

hmm, should that bother me?

any suggestion?

thanks
 Stefan