Subject: Sun 3/60 & clusters?
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: Cal <calzplace@yahoo.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/30/2001 22:05:31
Hi everyone,

I recieved a diskless sun 3/60 from a friend of mine, and thanks to the
sun3 NetBSD port, I've got everything working fine with it.  I wanted to
give a thumbs up to all of the developers -- I'm surprised that people
still write code for these things.

The only thought I have as I'm trying to compile a smaller kernel, is
"Man!  A well trained moneky with a credit card sized calculator and a
pencil could compile C code faster than this hog!"  I think it'll take
all night just to make the dependancies.

Is there ANY way at all to do cluster compiling with these?  My NFS
server is running FreeBSD, so I don't think I could compile on that.  I
have looked at clusterit-1.3, but there isn't much documentation with
it, and from looking at the man pages, it doesn't seem like it would
work with this situation.

Thanks!

-Cal