Subject: Patched 1.4.2 kernel for kmem_map panic.
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: J. Scott Kasten <jsk@tetracon-eng.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/11/2000 10:49:35
For anyone not having the time or incentive to go build their own, I took
the pmap.c diffs floating around on this list and applied them to the
stock 1.4.2 release kernel sources and built it.

Anyone that wants it can pick up my binary, the config, and the
replacement pmap.c file in the tarball available here:

http://oberon.tetracon-eng.net/NetBSD_Kernel/netbsd-1.4.2-sun3x-pmap-patched.tgz

You should just be able to drop it down, boot, and enjoy!

For the record, this Sun 3/80 with 16MB memory has been running DNS
server, NIS server, DHCP server, NTP server, and NFS server (light duty)
for two weeks now without a failure.  I would say that the problems are
indeed fixed.  If running full swing as a server didn't kill it, nothing
will.

Thanks for all the hard work that fixed this.

--

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"In most cases, all an argument proves