Subject: Warning: no /dev/console (in 1.4.2...how to fix?)
To: None <port-sun3@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/01/2000 10:34:22
I am still having the ``warning: no /dev/console'' on NetBSD-1.4.2
if I use the tapeboot of NetBSD (no problem using a SunOS boot tape
to load the miniroot).  I have to assume it is something to do with
the NetBSD-1.4.2 (and the 1.4P snapshot) ramdisk kernels.  Looking
through the email archives did not turn up any fixes, but just that
several of us were running into that problem.  What is the correct
fix for tapebooting?  One of the emails mentioned using a 1.4 ramdisk
kernel?  Any insights to a workaround or fix are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob