Subject: Re: Continuing sun3 nbsd142 funzies.....
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/26/2000 18:31:12
[ On Friday, May 26, 2000 at 17:13:11 (-0400), NetBSD Bob wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Continuing sun3 nbsd142 funzies.....
>
> The sunos 4.1.1 written on the 4/260 booted/installed fine on the 3/60,
> so the alignment, density, etc., is good across the transports in question.

Ah, OK.  That wasn't very clear to me from your previous post -- I don't
think you really said how you'd installed SunOS, just that you couldn't
get NetBSD of any form to boot from tape.

I'm still not exactly sure from your description what's happening when
"NetBSD won't boot from tape".  I.e. what *exactly* happens?  Please
describe the actions of the tape drive in relation to a cut&paste (or
equivalent) of the console output from the time you initiate the boot
command.

BTW, if you've got a working 4/260 why the heck don't you just netboot
the 3/60 from it and install via NFS?  That way you'll even have all of
the tools at your disposal, not just those that squeeze on the miniroot.
Or you could just netboot, dd the miniroot to your disk, and then
continue with either an ftp, nfs, or tape install.

--
							Greg A. Woods